Rob Downey, MD, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner and Director of South Peninsula Hospital Functional Medicine Clinic, will discuss hypothyroidism at a community presentation on Wednesday, January 30 from 6-7pm. The presentation will address the factors that affect your thyroid function and lifestyle behaviors for optimal thyroid health.
The event takes place at the Kachemak Bay Campus of Kenai Peninsula College at 202 Pioneer Hall, 533 E Pioneer Avenue in Homer. It is free and open to the public.
Sequoia Snow Bettinger was born January 1st, 2019 at 8:00am. She weighed 9 pounds, 3 oz and was 21.5 inches long. Her parents are Allyse and Owen Bettinger. Sequoia was caught by dad and Dana Whittaker, Certified Nurse Midwife from Homer Medical Center.
Homer Medical is helping you start the year off well with a free Diabetes Screening for patients without current diabetes diagnosis.
- Point of Care diabetes screening blood test (HbA1C)
- 30 minute visit with PeggyEllen Kleinleder, RN, Certified Diabetes Nurse Educator
- Consult to review the test results
- Diabetes education on healthy eating for prediabetes, diabetes and diabetes prevention
- Blood pressure check
- Free take-home materials.
Daytime and evening appointments are available! Call 235-8586. And don’t delay, as this offer is good only for the month of January. It is free, and no insurance is required.