Class Schedules for 2020 have been changed due to COVID19.
Contact 907-235-0258 for more information.
American Heart Association
CPR AED Course
This program is for anyone with limited or no medical training who wants to learn about adult, child and infant CPR and how to operate an AED and/or needs an AHA course completion card. You will learn:
– Adult CPR and AED use
– Adult choking
– Child & Infant CPR
– Child AED use (optional)
– Child & infant choking (optional)
– High-quality compressions, airway management, breathing, and how to use a mask.
First Aid Course
This program is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs an AHA course completion card. You will learn:
– First aid basics
– Medical emergencies
– Injury emergencies
– Environmental emergencies
– Bandaging, bleeding, wounds, choking, shock, seizure, fainting, broken bones, sprains, burns, bites, stings, poison, and temperature-related conditions.
Course Completion Options:
Live Classroom Option:
(Currently Unavailable Due to COVID19):
Contact the SPH Education Department 907-235-0258 to enroll in a class.
CPR/AED Only: $65.00
First Aid Only: $50.00
Both CPR/AED and First Aid: $115.00
The following three parts are all required for successful completion:
- Part 1: Contact SPH Education Department 907-235-0258 to schedule a time to complete the required skills check-off. The live Skills Check-off fee is $45.00 (CPRAED) and/or $25.00 (First Aid) payable to South Peninsula Hospital.
- Part 2: Purchase and complete the coursework available through the AHA site: http://www.onlineaha.org/courses.
- Note: Fee for the online pre-class is payable to the AHA and is separate from the live skills check fee in Part 1.
- Part 3: Bring your online completion certificate with you to attend your scheduled live skills check.
*Disclaimer: The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.